Avatar

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thing 6

While searching around the Web 2.0 apps I came across twiducate.  What I liked about this tool was that it was a social network for a classroom.  With students and teachers being into social networking it seems like it would be a perfect fit.  I like that it allows the teacher to control exactly what is on the network.  I also like that it allows students to collaborate and learn from each other.  They can work on problems with each other, and it really allows them to get great feedback from other students and their teacher.  The final thing I like about the app is that I could upload pictures and videos.  With me being a science teacher scientific demonstrations would be great to upload for my students to view.  I believe that this app would be useful to every subject in school.  Teachers could run with this idea and create their own social network that goes along with their class.  Here is a link to the app http://www.twiducate.com/


2 comments:

  1. I plan to teach science as well, and love your suggestion on using this app as a way to show videos or demonstrations that otherwise could not be conducted in the classroom. Many science experiments are worth learning from, but for one reason or another, cannot be done in person. This app gets around these obstacles and manages to provide a valuable learning experience, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social networking is a big part of our students' lives. We would be missing it if we didn't try to tap into that resource. This tool looks great and I'm sure that you will use it well in your class!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook