Avatar

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thing 11

The method I found easiest for finding blogs I was interested in were the search tools for blogs.  At first I just tried looking up blogs on my own, but I could not find many that were relevant to the things I was searching.  The blog search tool that I found the easiest to use was Topix.net.  The reason why I liked this search tool the best is because it allowed me to connect to other blogs that had similar subjects.  It was easy to navigate and anybody could use this search tool.  The search tool that was most confusing to me was the google blog search.  That seems weird since I use the google search engine for pretty much everything I do on the Internet.  The reason why I did not like the google search tool is because it really did not display sites that I was searching.  The search also did not display as many similar blogs as topix.net.  I am really interested in college football recruiting because I coach high school football.  I like to see which high school kids are being recruited by certain universities.  I found some very interesting blogs that I had never came across in my previous searches.  I found a really cool Florida Gators recruiting block, which is my favorite team.  The weird thing that popped up during my search of football recruiting was Jr. Pro football coaching openings, which has absolutely nothing to do with college football recruiting.  I used yahoo and google to find blogs.  These sites were not very useful because they were not able to connect me to many different blogs by just clicking on a link that I deemed interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook