Avatar

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thing 3

What I would use my blog for in the classroom is to show students different kind of demonstrations that we are not able to do in the classroom.  There are so many ways that students can learn about different things in Science.  One of the best ways to learn is to see a reaction actually happen instead of just writing down what happens in their notes.  I know for me if I see something I am more likely to remember how it works or why it works.  Since I teach in a school that does not have all the resources I need to perform certain labs I could find the labs on line and upload them to my blog and let the students watch the demonstrations for homework and write what they learned by watching the demonstration.  Some demonstrations could be very beneficial to the class, but the lab costs to much for the students to be able to perform it during class time.  This would be a great outlet just for them to watch what actually happens during a chemical reaction.
 
Also students could post questions on my blog about anything that did not make sense to them in class and ask for another resource to be posted to give them a greater understanding of the material that we are covering in class at that time.  These are just a couple of things I could do with my blog, but I really see these being beneficial for my students in their learning process.  I look forward to trying to incorporate a blog into my classroom in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Jacob. As a future biology teacher (probably in a low income school system) I could use my blog in a similar way. Having students describe what they see is also a good way to improve their writing skills. Then you will be killing two birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete

Facebook