Avatar

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thing 10

The thing I like the most about RSS and newsreaders is that all my favorite websites I look at everyday are all right on the same page.  Usually I have about four to five tabs open on my computer at all times. I like how RSS decreases a lot of the clutter on my computer.  The thing I don't like about RSS is that some of the sites have things I don't care about reading but they still show up.  It's not that big of deal, but I just thought I would state my only complaint.

I could use this in my personal life to keep up with the websites that are important to me.  This way I could stay informed by only looking at one page instead of many different pages.  I could use this technology in school by subscribing to to different science web sites to give me ideas for my classroom.  This way I could get many different ideas coming through my feed at once instead of having to check many different websites every so often.  This way the ideas would continually show up.

Like I said before it would give me chance to have many science websites coming up on the same feed to give me new ideas for class.  Teachers could also keep up with new laws and regulations in education.  Education is always changing and this tool could just help keep teachers informed.  Also teachers could make their page public, so that their students can look at educational information that the teacher of that class deems relevant to that subject.  It does not always have to be things about class.  It could also be things to entertain your students for instance funny videos.  Lastly teachers always wish there was more time in the day, and this technology could help cut down on some of the time a teacher spends on the Internet checking web sites and looking for new classroom ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook