Avatar

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thing 12






The first thing I created was a Google Calendar.  The reason why I chose the calendar is because I am always forgetting dates and events.  This way I could stay on top of important times and events.  It was really easy to use and setup.  I also liked that I could link it to my phone because I am not always around my computer.  Getting an alert on my phone the day before is really handy.  I could use google calendars in my classroom to keep my students informed about up coming events such as tests.  I could give them a day to day tentative schedule for that month.  It would be an easy way to keep my students and I on the same page.  Here is a link to my calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=wc.  I have only entered a few dates at this time.

The second thing I created using google was Google Alerts.  I am huge Florida Gators fan, so I set up alerts that would be sent to my email about any new information about the Gators.  I am constantly searching for any news regarding the Gators.  This would save me a lot of time searching on the Internet.  This could also be helpful to my class.  I could set up an alert to show me any new Chemistry labs that are inexpensive and easy for high school students.  People are always posting new labs on the Internet, and this way I would not have to spend time searching.  I would always be kept up to date on new information for my class.  Here is a link to my google alerts http://www.google.com/alerts/manage.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook