Avatar

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thing 15

This was my first time to play around with Wiki's.  I am not very computer savvy, so this was great for me.  It taught me how to edit Wiki pages. At first I could not figure out how to edit the wiki, but after I figured it out  I thought it was really easy to edit the 23 Things Sandbox Wiki.  I decided to upload my favorite app that I have learned how to use during this class.  I thought the Wiki was easy to use, and I also liked seeing what my other classmates had posted to the Wiki.

I think this would be easy to use in my classroom.  I could post things to the Wiki, and allow my students to edit the posts.  I could place wrong information in the Wiki and have my students read through it and correct it.  This would be a great practice for my students.  This would ensure that all of my students are learning the material that is being taught in class.  I believe this would be a great study tool.  The thing I found the most interesting about Wikis is that you do not have to be an expert on the subject to be able to edit it.  This is why it is important to not trust everything you read in Wikipedia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook