Avatar

Friday, July 5, 2013

Is it the end or only the beginning?

Wow I can't believe this is finally over!  I feel like I have learned so much that I would have never known.  I am not computer savvy, but I strongly feel this project has helped me come a long ways.  I did hate having to make a login for every website.  I feel like I am a member of a thousand websites now haha!  I am sure that I will use some of these tools the rest of my life, and there are some that I will never look at again.  

My favorite exercise on this journey was animoto.  I really liked making the picture slide show.  It was fun and very user friendly.  Trust me I need all the help I can get when it comes to web apps.  I also liked the happy face generator app.  I like things that I can alter to catch my student's attention.  It was easy to create and would be easy to place in a PowerPoint presentation.  I feel like this program has made me step outside of my comfort zone.  I have always tried to avoid technology, but let's face it this is the future of education.  I must evolve with it if I want to have a career in education.  What I have taken away from this program is that I need to educate myself on technology.  I struggled along the way because I do not challenge myself in technology like in need to.  The only thing that I see could be done to make this program better is to update some of the tasks because I feel as though some might be out of date.  
I now know that there are so many things available to me that will make me a better teacher.  This exercise just showed me a few, and I know that there are so many more out there.  I feel like I learned things that will make me a much better teacher.  I plan to start researching more technology applications that I could use in my classroom.  I believe it is necessary for my success to do this at least once a week.  I would like to thank you for opening me up to a new world.  I would have never known about any of these apps if it wasn't for this project.  I might have even became an occasional blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook